Wine Logistics - How Does it Work?
The highest quality, top to bottom, inside and out
Pallets in, solid or mixed dozens out. It's so easy and efficient!
When your container or shipment arrives, we check and receipt it, place it into climate-controlled storage and notify you by email.
Then you can place delivery requests online any time.
Before Your Wine Arrives
- Sign into your account and click Send Wine In to create a manifest of the SKUs arriving at Cellarit, the quantity of each one and their values. You can use wholesale or retail values. If you need help, just ask!
- Whatever values you use are the basis for any insurance claim for breakage, loss, etc. while in storage or in transit.
Arrival & Receipting
- Upon arrival, we unload your wine into our secure, climate-controlled coolroom, free of charge!
- We send you a Wine Arrival email letting you know that your wine is awaiting receipt.
- The receipting process is meticulous: we count all the bottles & photograph an example of each SKU before handling your stock into pallet bays or shelves. The process can take a day or two.
- When receipting is complete we send you a Wine Receipt email that includes a detailed stock report including any SKU or quantity variances, bottle packaging details
(such as "presentation box" or "wood box") or damages.
Placing Individual Orders
- Sign into your account, click Take Wine Out and choose quantities for any of your SKUs.
- Choose an existing customer from the drop-down list or create a new one.
- You can upload your customer's invoice, we'll print it out at our end and pack it with your consignment.
- You can add your own internal record keeping reference number and/or your customer's email address and we'll send them:
- a pre-shipment alert so they can advise us address or delivery date changes
- a dispatch notification on the morning of dispatch with a tracking link
- we'll send you a Confirm Delivery from Cellarage email for your records. It includes the wine & delivery details, our reference number and your reference number if you added one.
System Integration Speeds Multiple Orders
You can save time and avoid typing errors by integrating your order system or website with ours. Then your orders are automatically transmitted to Cellarit for picking, packing & dispatch. Just ask for our user-friendly API and we'll help your developers implement it. A small fee may apply depending on the complexity, testing, etc.
What If I Make a Mistake?
Your Cellarit Logistics Portal
Made a mistake? No worries...and no panic phone calls or emails required! Just sign in and click on your Logistics Portal link.
Your Logistics Portal is your own admin area where you can:
- Cancel an order with one click
- Amend an order's delivery details or delivery date
- Generate custom stock movement reports
- Generate custom charges and payment reports
Next-day Delivery & Confirmation of All Movements
Next-day delivery is available to metro Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane for orders placed before
2:00pm. Other shipments have transit times of 2-3 days. Airfreight and same day courier delivery are also available.
You receive email confirmations of your delivery requests followed by track & trace emails when your orders are
onboard for delivery.
Optional: Sell Your wine to thousands of Cellarit's retail customers
As a logistics customer, you're welcome to list your wine for sale in the Buy Wine section of the Cellarit website.
- you're in full control of the prices and quantities for sale
- You can make changes or remove your wine from sale, at any time
- There's no cost to list your wine, you only pay commissions upon sale
Your wine is available to our retail buyers and listed with the major internet wine search engines such as Google,
Wine-Searcher, Vivino and Wine-Alert.
Cellarit handles all aspects of the transaction and absorbs the merchant fees, picking & packing expense. The buyer pays for delivery.
After you list your wine for sale, you don't need to do a thing because upon sale:
- Your wine is picked, packed and delivered at no cost to you
- Your inventory is automatically updated in real time
- You receive an email notification of the transaction
- The proceeds are posted directly to your Cellarit account
- If your account has a credit balance we'll EFT it to your bank account
Please see the Sell Wine section of the Cellarit website for more details or Contact Us.
Questions? Call 1300 48 58 68 or
Send Us An Email
Also see Wine Logistics Overview
, How Does It Work?
& What Does It Cost?
Efficient B2B & B2C pick, pack & dispatch
Climate-controlled at 14 degrees / 70% humidity
Pin-point accuracy. Our no-excess guarantee:
"If we can't pick it, we pay for it", no excuses!
Cellarit is located in Sydney but ships Aus-wide:
Next-day to Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane, etc.
Sell your wine online to Cellarit's retail buyers (optional) incl. advertising, licensing & delivery